How much internet bandwidth do I need to synchronize my documents with OneDrive for Business and Office 365?
To give you the right answer, that’s no so easy, there not only one factor:
- working day, where all employees work.
- number of documents, each user will generate each day.
- number of existing documents, each user will edit each day.
- average size of a document
- Average desktop and mobile Sync clients
The best method for determining bandwidth requirements when deploying OneDrive for Business is to measure the bandwidth used during a small rollout. The best way to ensure that measurement will be useful is to include a group of people that are representative of your organization and measure from initial deployment/sync through at least a week of edits/additions/removals.
To plan the bandwidth usage to work with Office 365 look
And since 10/15/14 there is an Excel based calculator to
download direct form Microsoft Download Center.
[Update] Due to the next generation Sync client and the replacement of the old Groove client, Microsoft has withdrawn the calculator