OneDrive for Business | July – Update
While I was on WPC (Microsoft World Wide Partner conference) and spent one week at HQ of BitTitan now I have time to write about the July-Update of OneDrive for Business:
the name of the sync client for OneDrive for Business is groove.exe and located at X:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
You see, that are 10 minor steps forward.
What has been changed?
- Fixes the following issues:
- In rare situations, the Office synchronization task scheduler cannot catch and handle a specific error condition that causes an Office 2013 application to crash.
- When you try to synchronize a document library by using OneDrive for Business, the groove.exe process crashes.
- When you use an older version of OneDrive for Business, OneDrive for Business (groove.exe) may crash.
- When you use an Office 2013 application to open files from a OneDrive for Business folder or a SharePoint Server 2013 site, the Office 2013 application may crash if the device that stores files do not have sufficient disk space.
- When you cancel the download of a file that is in the pending download situation in OneDrive for Business, the file is not deleted as expected.
- When you use OneDrive or OneDrive for Business to synchronize a file, a conflict still appears if the conflict is resolved by a third-party application.
- The WebPath property is not returned as expected for group folders of OneDrive. In this situation, file changes are in an error state, and cannot be uploaded.
- Introduces a registry key to control the mapping feature between a local file and a server file for Microsoft OneDrive and Microsoft OneDrive for Business.
|When you use OneDrive for Business to synchronize a folder, you may experience high CPU usage and network consumption. This issue occurs after you rename a folder to the same name but cased differently.
However, these updates are only for msi installed programs
How to determine whether my Office installation is Click-to-Run or MSI-based:
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
There should be version 15.0.4737.1003 or higher