Microsoft has released this month two patches for OneDrive for Business.
the name of the sync client for OneDrive for Business is groove.exe and located at X:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
You see, that are 8 minor steps forward.
What has been changed?
This update fixes the following issue:
Memory leaks when you use OneDrive for Business to synchronize files.
- Improves reliability for Office 2013 applications when you use large libraries.
- Provides additional auditing information for non–domain-joined computers that synchronize document libraries on the SharePoint server.
- Improves synchronization for OneDrive for Business.
- Fixes the following issues:
- When you try to share a file that is saved on a SharePoint site by using the Invite People function in an Office 2013 application, you receive an error message if the URL of the file contains Czech characters.
- When you try to open a document in an OneDrive for Business folder in Word 2013, Word 2013 stops responding. This issue occurs if the document is created by using a document template that is saved in an OneDrive for Business folder.
- When you open certain files in OneDrive for Business folders, files are forked (that is, another duplicate file is created and saved by having the same name as the computer name) or a red "x" character is displayed on the files.
- After you rename or change files quickly in OneDrive for Business folders, the files remain in Offline mode and cannot be synchronized.
- When you synchronize files by using OneDrive, all Office files are in the Error state.
- When you use OneDrive to synchronize a file that is changed on another computer, a red "x" character is displayed on the file.
- Files on SharePoint Server 2013 servers that have certain configurations cannot be synchronized by using OneNote.
- When you open a file that is edited by another user in an OneDrive for Business folder, the changes are not applied to the file.
However, these updates are only for msi installed programs
How to determine whether my Office installation is Click-to-Run or MSI-based:
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
There should be version 15.0.4727.1002 or higher